Tehran Has No More Pomegranates!
35mm. 68 mins. Color / B&W. Farsi With English Subtitles.Iran 2006
• Produced,Written and Directed by: Massoud Bakhshi
• Camera: Bayram Fazli
• Sound:Behrouz Shahamat
• Editing:Alimohamad Ghasemi
• Music:Navid Afghah,Mohsen Namjou
• Narrator:Nosrat Karimi
Tehran is a large village near the city of Rey, full of gardens and fruit trees. Its inhabitants live in anthill-like underground holes. The village’s several districts are constantly at war. Tehranis’ main occupations are theft and crime, though the king pretends they are subject to him. They grow excellent fruits, notably an excellent pomegranate, which is found only in Tehran.
Asar-o-Lblab, 1241 A.D.
Selected in more than 70 Int’l Film Festival.
• Winner: Best Director, 11th House of Cinema Film Festival, 2007, Iran
• Winner: Best Director, 25th Fajr Int. Film Festival, 2007, Iran
• Winner: AVINI Prize for Best Documentary of the year 2007, Iran
• Winner: Audience Award, CINEMA VERITE International Documentary Film Festival, 2007 Iran
• Nominated for: Cinema Eye Award for Best Documentary Film, IFC,2009,USA
• Best Documentary Prize; Bam Film Festivl,2010,Iran
• Tehran Bureau